Become a Member
We invite you to become or renew your membership with Inclusion Melbourne. By being a member you can support Inclusion Melbourne by becoming part of our vision to provide support to people with a disability to live fulfilling lives in their local community.
Over the past year we have achieved a number things we are proud to tell you about:
- We have supported a number of families prepare and plan for their transition into the National Disability Insurance Scheme, with this support continuing until all of the people we support are participating in the scheme
- We continue to grow at a sustainable pace, with many new enquiries from families and case workers
- Our trained volunteer pool has exceeded 200 people
- We launched our Inclusion Designlab, focused on learning from the experiences of the people we support and their families and carers to share this knowledge. Recent projects include:
- Partnering with the Australian Dental Association to produce an easy English guide on maintaining good oral
- Participation in faith communities
- Examining voting rights and democratic participation of adults with an intellectual disability
- Developing Circles of Support for adults with intellectual disability
- We have partnered with the University of Melbourne, Latrobe University and Southern Cross University to support research into a range of areas to improve the lives of people with a disability and their families
- We are growing our Registered Training Organisation, now known as Inclusion Training, and working on offering more courses to meet the needs of adult learners with a disability
Inclusion Melbourne continues to advocate and champion the need for the full inclusion of people with intellectual disability. In recent months we have provided a written submission to the State and Commonwealth Governments on a range of topics, including the development of the next Victorian Disability State Plan. The support we receive through volunteering, fundraising and raising awareness of Inclusion Melbourne and our work, is invaluable.
If you would like to become a member, or renew your membership, please fill in the form below.